Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Doing a letter Q lesson in Preschool?

On Wednesday, I'm teaching the Pre-K in our high school for my parenting course. This week is "Q" week, and all of our lessons revolve around the letter "Q". My lesson is "Q is for Queen", so I decided we were going to do a scavenger hunt called "Find the Queen's Jewels". I'm making a posterboard queen with velcro on her head, neck, fingers, wrists, etc. for jewelry to go on. The posterboard jewelry will be hidden throughout the classroom under things that start with the letter Q (i.e. a bag of quarters, a paper quail, a quilt, etc). And each piece of "jewelry" will have a riddle on it. I need help thinking of other Q-related things to place in the room, and riddles that are easy for a 4-5-year-old to solve.

No comments:

Post a Comment